Monday, January 21, 2013

Boss Kut Gazelle: The Set Up

IMG_3957The first thing I’d like to point out is that this is not a plug and play machine.  When I started to pair it to my laptop, I wasn’t happy to see 4 page step by step guide just to have you computer to recognize it.  It’s not hard to follow these instructions and there’s even a video online.  Anyone can set it up but it took over 10 minutes.  My opinion is that it’s pop in a driver disc or plug in the machine and it should be automatically recognized.   Good thing, you only have to do this once.  If your computer crashes and you don’t have online access, you better keep those instructions

IMG_3981Note:  I knew this coming into the purchase, but it’s still a negative I want to point out.  The cutting software the Gazelle comes with is called Funtime which will only run if you plug in a USB security key called a Dongle.  The purpose of is to prevent people distributing illegal copies of the program.   For the user it’s a USB plug hoarder.  I only have 2 USB ports on my laptop and one has to be connected to the cutter.  I need a mouse in order to design.  Looks like I’m investing in a USBIMG_3958 hub.  For me, I plan to learn Funtime until I recoup my investment on this machine with sales. Who knows, maybe it’s the best program for me .  There are a few cutting software on the market that is more user friendly.  That’s okay, I’m up for the challenge. 

Next step: Making the first test cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment