Friday, October 15, 2010

I Love My Haw Flakes

Continuing with the theme of trying to make myself happy with food and candy and I don’t have a readily available supply of Sugus, let’s talk about my second favourite candy.  Haw Flakes!

What are Haw Flakes?

4uelfu1Haw flakes is a Asian sweet made from the berry of the hawthorn plant.  They always come in rolls of disks wrapped in paper.  They are plentiful here in Vancouver, BC due to the large Asian population and sometimes taken as a counter balance after taking bitter herbs and medicine.

1501635134_1eb7d49eeaOkay, I had to Google that.  For some reason I’ve always thought they were made from the lychee fruit.  Anyways, I’m not sure if I like them just due to the taste.  They usually give me a ‘feel good’ tingle when I eat them and at least they are not as fattening as chocolate.

It’s been a very rough couple of weeks, I’ve been eating them like crazy!  Yum! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment